“If you can’t figure out your purpose, figure out your passion. For your passion will lead you right into your purpose.”
– Bishop T.D. Jakes
Having spent over 10 years in corporate recruitment, executive coaching, talent management and human resources, I continually found myself having challenging conversations with people about their unhappiness at work, their lack of motivation, questions over what position or company to work for and their general feeling of hopelessness and confusion.
I believe that understanding who you are, the values and beliefs you hold and having a vision and purpose in life are all important in creating and maintaining an energetic and passionate working life. Quite often these factors are influenced by early childhood beliefs or experiences and can impact our work choices and career. Using a therapeutic model and environment, I work with individuals in the following areas:
- Career motivation and purpose
- Managing stress and work/life balance
- Facilitating and support for re-entering the workplace after a break
- Confidence for networking and social interaction
- Managing the challenges of a new position or career
- Managing conflict management and negotiation in the workplace
- Practical strategies for job applications
- CV writing and personal marketing
- Creating and executing career change strategy
I believe approaching these challenges from a counselling and psychotherapy perspective, enables my clients to change the way they think, the way they behave and the way they are at work. Rather than focusing on the individual ‘at work’, I help my clients to see broader patterns, behaviours and thought processes across other areas of their life.
When we develop the skills and knowledge to uncover and understand our purpose, we find new meaning and passion for work. Decisions become clearer and our careers more limitless and fulfilling.